Boost your immune system with these every fruit- lemons and oranges. These citruses are a powerhouse of anti-oxidants and radical scavengers.
Some simple but effective ways of boosting your immune system are:
- get a good night’s sleep. Sleep deprivation and stress causes your body to produce the hormone cortisol, the prolonged increased level of which lowers your immune system.
- eat plenty of fresh vegetables, fruits and nuts and ensuring that your body has good quality nutrients will strengthen your immune system.
- eat mushrooms like shiitake and maitake and codycepts will also enhance your immune, as they have adaptogenic immune enhancing properties
- eat fresh garlic. It has good anti-microbial properties, and is a good immune booster.
- smoke less or stop tobacco smoke. It undermines your immune system.
- cut down you alcohol consumption as it also impairs the immune system .
- get sunshine as your skin will produce vitamin D which reduces influenza and protects against respiratory infections.